How is Activity incorporated in this project?
Activity involves “ physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle, complementing academic work elsewhere in the DP.” In this youth center, the main goal is for teenagers to find themselves in a get together in safe environment where they can entertain themselves by the use of planned activities by the running owners of this project and permanent games will be provided at the Youth Center.
Activity shown in this project:
– Physical activities will be involved once a week in the youth center, what do I mean by physical activities? Activities with no use of electronics but each others presence that are not just entertaining but are useful because these activities are to get to know each other and to be able to connect with others in a diverse manner.
Some of great icebreaker activities brainstormed by my colleague and I:
1. Number and Name: People will walk into the gathering and put their name on one side of an index card, and a number on the other. As everyone walks around with their name showing (on the index card that is taped to their shirt), they have to introduce themselves to as many people as they can. After a bit of talking, tell everyone to turn over his or her name tags, so that the number on each card is showing rather than the name. Now give everyone a numbered piece of paper, and see who can fill in the most names next to the corresponding number.
2. Locate on the map: Each group member is from a different geographic location, but together they will form a map. (if group members are not from different geographic locations, assign one). Ask each group member to stand where they think they should belong to make a map as close to scale as possible.
3. Two Truths & A Lie: This is a very common game in the world in order to get to know each other to allow participants to get to know each other through discovering common interests and experiences. To help people begin to be more comfortable talking and listening with one another.
– Board games, permanent games will be included in the Youth Center:
For example: a permanent game we are going to try to include is a foosball table which is an activity that everyone enjoys playing at a young teenage age.
We don’t just want this Youth Center to be about planned activities to get to know new people but for teenagers to be able to have a time in their day where they can have a time to chill out with friends of their own and for them to grab a snack and have a time where they can escape the real world and have free time with their friends and enjoy during their spare time at our youth center. We want to incorporate 2 TVs, soccer games and other sports can be watched at our youth center while a get together is being placed in the youth center to watch a game.
As a student of IB, it’s our goal in the making of this specific CAS project of a youth center to create a safe environment where young teenagers can feel comfortable to entertain themselves with their own friends and get to meet new people and for this to become a healthy lifestyle of their own meaning for these teenagers to meet new people every few weeks, have some free time, and be with their own friends is healthy for their lives and this is the goal we want to provide as students part of our CAS project!
You must be logged in to post a comment.Join to add a comment